If you are reading this post and you have a blog set up on your limo company’s website, you are in the minority. But this is rapidly changing as a result of all the Penguin and Panda updates to the Google and other search engine algorythims and how websites are ranked. Running a blog is like running a business website. Unless you are willing to put the time in and treat it seriously, you won't be blogging long. And unless you post regular content on your blog, it can be very detrimental to your rankings.
From an SEO perspective, blogging has become a vital component of how the major search engines rank your website. Having regular content that is changing affects the algorythims of their robot crawlers.
Here are some top tips on driving traffic to your website via your blog.
1. Fresh Content — no one wants to visit a blog day after day and see the same posts. Update your blog content at least once or twice a week. This will be easier if you write several posts ahead of time and upload them at the appropriate times. Or, you can use our blog writing service, which is one of our most popular offerings at Drive Profit. We provide you with top quality, original content that is targeted with your keywords, each week.
2. Article Marketing — the niche you've chosen for your blog is one that interests you. If it is interesting you will spend more time doing it. Create content not only for your blog but also to be submitted to article directories. Use the resource box to advertise your blog so people can find you.
3. Social Networking — these sites are everywhere. Join Facebook, MySpace, Squidoo, Twitter or a dozen others and make connections. You can join groups of likeminded people who are also bloggers or entrepreneurs.
4. Viral Marketing — this is where you spread the word about your blog. Talk to friends, family and even strangers. Give out business cards that have your blog address on them.
5. Use RSS Feeds — RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication." Readers can subscribe to your feed and get email updates when new content is posted. It is an easy way for them to keep up with your blog without spending all day online.
6. Submit Blog to Search Engines — doing this allows your blog to be ranked. Google and Yahoo! are two of the most popular search engines you want to crawl your blog pages. It doesn't guarantee top ranking, though. You'll have to do a little more work for that.
7. Joining Forums — as a blogger you are a budding entrepreneur. Right now you are marketing yourself to find traffic and then profit. Become a member of business forums, work at home forums and others to meet new people and share ideas. You can add a link to your blog in the signature line so others can find you.
8. Visit other blogs — show your appreciation to those who visit you by also posting comments on their blogs. It is a kindness that shows others you are not just out to advertise your blog alone. Add links to your blog in your comments.
9. SEO Marketing — whatever you write, use relevant keywords. Keyword density between three and ten percent is good for getting higher page rankings in search engines. Base your keywords on a research you do to find the most popular words used in search engines for your niche.
10. Social Bookmarking — submitting posts to social bookmarking sites allows others who are members of those sites to track you back to your blog.
Using any of these ideas will start the traffic moving in your direction. It can be a time consuming task if you navigate it alone. Drive Profit can help you with our expert services in SEO and Social Media Marketing just give us a call or email us today.
Posted on Nov 30 2012
Share on Social Media